We are a progressive Protestant Christian church, a member of the United Church of Christ (UCC).
- We are dedicated to following the wisdom teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, and doing the inner and outer work that Jesus taught would lead to joyful awareness of the Realm of God.
- We are Open and Affirming, which means our congregation has made a public covenant of welcome to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions into our full life and ministry. We have no categories for distinguishing people by sexual orientation or marital status, prior religious tradition, or political leanings. Like Jesus, we would no more single out those things than we would skin color, credit score, or blood type. No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
- We are a Just Peace congregation, which means we are committed to corporately naming and boldly proclaiming a public identity as a justice-doing, peace-seeking church. Our purpose is to focus attention on alleviating systemic injustice of all types using non-violence and to offer the message, grounded in the hope of reconciliation in Jesus, that “Peace is possible.”
- We believe God is still speaking to the world today, and we’re trying to listen. We ask questions of ourselves, our culture, the bible, and God. We work to make ourselves aware of the presence of God, and aware of how we might best represent what Jesus taught in the world today.
- We practice intellectual freedom in our spiritual exploration. There is never anyone telling you how to live your life or what to believe. In fact, we rarely use the word “belief.” Instead, we say, “Get curious about who you are and who God is. Go beyond mental assent to the actual experience of the divine, the experience of the I AM!”
Our mission statement says it all:
To cultivate God-centered community
through spiritual inquiry and intellectual freedom